Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Reclaiming my Childhood


When I was a child, I played with my friends, run free around the neighborhood, and approached life with spontaneity and excitement. But along the way to adulthood, life became cumbersome with responsibility, and obligations.

But, as I grow older and hopefully more wise, I am beginning to realize that even though I am not a child, I can get back the joy of childhood. As adults we work hard, so why shouldn't we be able to have some fun? Right!

I am going to make a point of bringing a little joy and laughter into my life, and to those around me. I am going to commit to doing something that I love to do, and make me feel the freedom I once had as a child.

Picking flowers
Smiling
Playing games with the grandchildren
Smiling
Chasing butterflies
Smiling
Stand up, spread my arms, and spin around and around.
Have a good laugh!
As you can see Smiling is on the list a few times. I have a problem with smiling. I always look mad. I'M NOT. Just thinking! So if I smile more, it can benefit me and the person getting the smile.

How liberating it will feel, When I finally have the child like attitude and enjoy the childish pleasures in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment