Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Being Thankful


Sometimes, we as people, tend to find fault or look for problems rather than just being thankful for what we already have.

I have had a hard time trying to figure out exactly what I want to blog about. Today I sat down and made a list. At the top of the list was Thankfulness. Am I thankful? If you stop and think about it there are a LOT of things to be thankful for. So, for today I will just start with one thing, then as I go on, with my blog I will add others.

After much contemplation, I have decided that today I am really thankful for my Memories. I am so glad that I can think back and remember on all the good things that have happened to me in my life, and the bad. Now I will be the first to admit that I do have a bad memory, but the things that I can think of are very important to me.

I remember camping trips, vacations, and ball games with my parents. School days, choir trips, and best friends. I remember my courtships, breakups, and tears. I remember the day I married Mark, and how enchanting it was. The birth of my daughters, and the love I felt the first time I laid eyes on them.

I remember my Dad. I try to remember every little detail about him, because I am so afraid that someday I might forget. I will never have another chance to do something with him that will give me another great memory. So I take the memories of him that I have and cherish them with all my heart.

So, if you have something that you are thankful for, let someone know about it. See if it doesn't help to make you a happier person.

No comments:

Post a Comment