Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Personal Achievments

I do not currently measure my level of success against benchmarks such as what work I do and or what I have. But, by what is important to me in my life. Granted, having a great job, or knowing the right people is alway good, but would it really make me happy? I don't think so.

I have a loving caring family.
I have a job, I love getting up for in the morning.
I have friends that make me smile and give me comfort.
The students that come by my house or office to tell me "Thanks, you were the reason I graduated from high school."
These are just a few of the personal achievments that are important to me.

I personally believe that positive thinking will help anyone with their personal achievments. It might not be exactly the way you pictured it, or the way we thought that it would happen. But somehow it always ends up being what is best for each of us.

The achievement of personal goals doesn’t always guarantee our personal fulfilment. We should never forget the importance of, or the rewards which can be gained, in serving those less fortunate and in highlighting the good that exists in all of us. So, in regards to that statement I will always try to do more to help those in need, be there when people need me, and to listen.. I mean really listen, sometimes silence tells us much more than what we really hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment